Partner abuse is any pattern of behavior used to coerce, dominate or isolate. It is the exertion of any form of power that is used to maintain control over someone in a relationship.
You might be abusive in your relationship if:
- Your anger comes upon you suddenly from "out of nowhere.”
- You always need to know what your partner is doing, where s/he is going, or who s/he is with.
- You keep a mental checklist of everything your partner has done to "hurt" you and blame her/him for your feelings.
You might be in an abusive relationship if:
- You call your partner derogatory names or use insults to express your anger.
- You are depressed, withdrawn, or fearful about your relationship with your partner.
- You are careful of what you say to your partner because you fear outbursts or retaliation.
- You see a lot less of your family or friends because of your partner.
- You often feel that you need to "walk on eggshells" because of your partner's moods.
- You lose every argument with your partner.
There is absolutely never an excuse for anybody to be abused.
GLBTQDVP (GLBTQ Domestic Violence Program)
To assist and support victims and survivors of domestic violence, focusing on GLBTQ communities, to bring about responsive public policy, and to increase access to culturally competent services
The Colorado Anti Violence Program
The Colorado Anti Violence Program is dedicated to eliminating violence within and against the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities and ensuring the highest quality of services are provided to victims and survivors of hate crimes, partner abuse, sexual assault, and enforcement violence.
Four Corners Gay and Lesbian Alliance for Diversity
Four Corners Gay and Lesbian Alliance for Diversity works to promote equality and social justice for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people in the Four Corners area. We provide education, support, information, community outreach and special events and activities for the community. We work to create alliances with the general community.
Four Corners GLAD hotline is: 970-247-7778
Alternative Horizons 24-hour confidential hotline: 970-247-9619
Colorado Anti-Violence Program: 1-888-557-4441