· Alternative Horizons Bridges of Hope Legal Project provides no-cost legal representation for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in civil legal matters. This includes but is not limited to, full confidential consultations civil protection orders, divorce and custody cases.
· Counties Served: La Plata, Archuleta, San Juan and the Southern Ute Indian Tribe.
· Our goal is to increase the availability of legal representation for survivors of domestic violence, dating violence stalking and sexual assault.
· Eligibility to Qualify: Applications are reviewed for eligibility on a monthly basis, thus representation is not guaranteed. We review applicants on a case by case basis and in some, will assist the applicant with referrals to other resources or offer consultations.
· Accessing Services: If you or someone you know is a survivor of relationship violence and needs civil legal assistance. Or if you have questions about this free legal program for victims of Domestic Violence, please contact BOHLP at (970) 247 4374 or (970) 403-1572.
Cases We Accept:
Divorce or legal separation
Custody and allocation of parental responsibilities
Civil Protection Order
Cases We Cannot Accept:
Certain cases were child protective services is investigating the victim
Dependency and Neglect