24 hour Crisis Hotline: Alternative Horizons’ crisis hotline is entirely staffed by a group of volunteer advocates that have undergone at least 30 hours of training specific to intimate partner violence and local resources. The hotline is available to:
- Support callers in times of crisis.
- Find a safe place for callers and create a safety plan that is specific to their situation and needs.
- Help educate friends and family about domestic violence dynamics.
- Provide callers with information and referrals regarding AH services, counseling, protection orders, financial aid, housing, community resources and general services.
- Advocates are also available to meet clients receiving medical attention and to assist clients in acquiring civil protection orders.
AH provides bi-annual trainings for community members interested in becoming volunteer advocates or those who wish to learn more about the issue of intimate partner violence. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please call the AH office at 247-4374.